14 Free Things To Do In Greensboro, North Carolina
If you’ve just purchased a home in the Piedmont Triad area and you’re trying to keep your spending low but don’t want to sacrifice having a good time – you’re in luck because there are tons of low-cost and free things to do in Greensboro, NC!
From visiting historical civil war sites and local scenic lakes to enjoying some quality time at the many museums, galleries, and amazing parks in the area, there is no shortage of low-cost or free entertainment. If you plan to move, are currently living in this area, or just visiting, then check out our list of fun free things to do in Greensboro, NC.
14 Fun Free Things To Do In Greensboro, NC
Whether you call Greensboro your home or are a tourist on a tight budget — the things we have picked will not cost you an arm and a leg. Here are some of the many low-cost and free things to do in Greensboro, NC.
Visit The Museums
The city of Greensboro has a rich history. To relive the past, you can visit the free museums in Greensboro, NC.
If you haven’t already, here are the free museums you need to check out:
- International Civil Rights Center & Museum: Learn more about the Civil Rights movement and check out artifacts
- Greensboro History Museum: Discover the rich history of the city
- Elsewhere: A thrift store converted into a museum
- Greensboro Children’s Museum: An ideal place for your children to have a great time
- Weatherspoon Art Museum: Appreciate interesting art pieces from local and international artists
- High Point Museum: There is something for everyone here; a fun and informative trip is guaranteed
- Greensboro Science Center: For all the science geeks out there. It also has a zoo if you love animals
Note: Not all places are entirely free, but the charges/fees, if any, are very reasonable — and surely wouldn’t burn a hole in your pocket!
Other Fun Free Things To Do In Greensboro, NC
Enough with history, other fun free things to do in Greensboro, NC include:
- Tanger Family Bicentennial Garden – meet and greet random people along the way
- Guilford Courthouse National Military Park – Watch videos or take a stroll
- Lake Brandt Marina – Enjoy the scenic beauty of the lake
- LeBauer Park – A great place to relax or just hangout
- Greensboro Public Library – A fun place for the whole family to learn or enjoy the regular puppet shows
- O. Henry Statues – If you are in downtown Greensboro check out the amazing statues for yourself, erected in honor of the Greensboro author
- Appreciate Mother Nature – Enjoy the scenic beauty and amazing weather of the city
The list can go on and on. What actually matters is that you get to spend quality time with family and friends. Interested in moving to the Triad region to experience all of these fun places? Get in touch with SLT Properties for expert advice!